Sunday, December 2, 2007

Puzzle difficulty

I've decided add a difficulty rating to all my puzzle posts. It is on a scale from 1 to 10, where difficulty 1 means it is more of a demonstration than a challenge, and difficulty 10 means it would stump puzzlers greater than me. Most of the puzzles I've done so far are on the easy end of the scale. I'll probably keep it that way until they get a bigger response. If you disagree with any of the ratings, feel free to say so.

Oh, and I am not oblivious to the fact that most people do not like puzzles. Lurkers! You cannot hide from me. I know you've been skipping over my puzzle posts. I've had enough experience with puzzling to know that most people simply don't care about this stuff, and refuse to even think about it. Unless I devote my entire blog to puzzling (not likely!), I will forever have readers that skip over the puzzle stuff.

On the other hand, people apparently perform many google searches for these puzzles (the brick puzzle in particular). I suspect that they're just looking for solutions so they don't have to think about it anymore.

I know this has been proven to be a futile effort, but I'd like to ask my readers a question. Do puzzles bore you? Is there any kind of puzzle that interests you? I am curious.

1 comment:

dartheyebunny said...

I prefer the puzzles over the other posts